1. Where do we meet?We meet next to the Monument to the Great Fire in the pedestrianised area outside of the entrance to the Monument. I will arrive around 10 minutes before the start time, look for the red rucksack.
2. How do I get to the Monument?
3. Can I just turn up on the day?I would prefer that you pre-book to reserve your place on the walk, you can do this by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org or by texting 07748 034371. Your booking will be confirmed. If however you are passing by and we are ready to start the walk, I will always try to fit you in but this cannot be guaranteed.
4. Are children welcome?Children are welcome over the age of 10. For younger children, we recommend the Primary School Walk which includes the key sites associated with the Fire but in a shorter time and with less walking.
5. How much does it cost and can I pay by card?The cost is £10 for adults, £8.00 for Students and OAP’s and £5.00 for under 16’s. Payment is by cash as I don’t have a card reader at present.
6. Where do we finish?We finish on Ludgate Hill, close to St. Pauls Cathedral, a short walk from Blackfriars Tube Station (Circle and District Lines) and St. Pauls (Central Line). For those who have developed a thirst on the walk, we finish adjacent to the Olde Cheshire Cheese pub, rebuilt in 1667 and one of London iconic old pubs.
7. Does the walk take place all year round and in all weathers?
The Tour closes for a winter break from early December, re-starting in late February. Tours run every Saturday at 11.00 (Primary School Tour) and 1.00 pm (Full Tour) and on Sundays and weekdays by prior agreement for groups of 4 or more.
I am not a fan of walking in the pouring rain and will, therefore, keep a close eye on the weather forecast. A shower we can live with, pouring rain is not fun – it’s not as if we have a fire to put out, so if very bad weather is forecast, the walk will be postponed and everyone will be notified by email or text, and via this website.