1. Where do we meet?We meet next to the Monument to the Great Fire in the pedestrianized area outside of the entrance to the Monument. I will arrive around 10 minutes before the start time, look for the red umbrella.
2. How do I get to the Monument?
3. Can I just turn up on the day?I would prefer that you pre-book to reserve your place on the walk, you can do this by emailing email@example.com or by texting 07748 034371. Your booking will be confirmed. If however you are passing by and we are ready to start the walk, I will always try to fit you in but this cannot be guaranteed.
4. Are children welcome?Children are welcome over the age of 8 but please be aware, there is a fair amount of walking and history, and younger children may get restless during the walk.
5. How much does it cost and can I pay by card?The cost is £10 for adults, £7.00 for Students and OAP’s and £5.00 for under 16’s. Family price (2 adults and 2 children under 16) is £25.00 Payment is by cash as I don’t have a card reader at present. Sunday Lunch Special is £30 per person including Pub Lunch and one drink.
6. Where do we finish?We finish on Fleet Street, a short walk from Blackfriars Tube Station (Circle and District Lines) and Chancery Lane (Central Line). For those who have developed a thirst on the walk we finish adjacent to the Olde Cheshire Cheese pub, rebuilt in 1667 and one of London iconic old pubs.
7. Does the walk take place all year round and in all weathers?
Tours run every Saturday at 12.00 midday and on Sundays and weekdays by prior agreement for groups of 4 or more.
I am not a fan of walking in pouring rain and will therefore keep a close eye on the weather forecast. A shower we can live with, pouring rain is not fun – it’s not as if we have a fire to put out, so if very bad weather is forecast, the walk will be postponed and everyone will be notified by email or text, and via this website.